Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Avatars and Voki

I have now embedded a voki into my blog on the right as well as showing it here.


Get a Voki now!




This voki was very easy to make and I can see how it would be a useful teaching tool. Using the Voki site it was a step by step set up for a very useful tool.

Within a classroom this type of tool could be used to engage students and to help communicate ideas. Different types of learners may actually get more out of a topic by having to prepare vokis or avatars as a presentation piece. It would also be a useful way of using a prop or another voice in a classroom as we all know the same teachers voice can become monotonous at times!

I did have a few problems with the coding to get it into the blog though, and I found this youtube video to be of great help.

No comments:

Post a Comment